Stop and think what the Drake Public Library has done for you and how it has enriched your life.
My life has certainly changed and benefited in many ways since the day I received my Drake Public Library card. One of my first stops in Centerville after retiring and moving here was to visit the library. There was a sign hanging from the circulation desk asking “are you interested in becoming a Friend of the Drake Public Library?” When I inquired I was told there just happened to be a meeting of Friends that day. I attended that meeting and the rest is history.
To many of you this will be redundant as I have been encouraging library patrons and area citizens to support the library for nine years.
Do you and your family enjoy the availability of audio books, movies, story time, after school programs, on-line E-Books, and magazine subscriptions? Perhaps you enjoy large print books. Are you delighted when you are able to borrow a book by your favorite author or discover a new one? If you answered yes to any of the above then you can thank Friends of the Drake Public Library for their support in all of these things. Chances are if you are reading this you are already a ‘Friend’ and you can be proud to be part of a winning team! If not, please consider becoming a ‘Friend’ and or ‘Sponsor’.
What can you do?
• Be sure your membership dues are current or become a member (dues are payable each year in January for only $5 for individuals and $10 for families)
• Be an annual sponsor: PLATINUM $500 or more, GOLD $200-$499, SILVER $100-$199, BRONZE $25-$99
• Buy a book and donate it back to the library (check with our Director on how to do this)
• Volunteer to help with fundraisers
• Donate a raffle item
• Tell your friends and family about Friends of the Drake Public Library and encourage them to join
• Let your librarians know how much you appreciate them
We need the library and the library needs us!
President of Friends of the Drake Public Library