Drake Public Library is taking steps toward restarting services for the public after being closed during the COVID 19 pandemic. We are approaching the process of reopening the library in stages to keep in line with guidelines set forth to protect our staff and patrons during this time.
The next stage toward reopening Drake Public Library will start by offering Curb Side Pickup for requested materials beginning Tuesday, May 19.
Patrons can begin putting materials on hold by logging into their account through the Follett Destiny Circulation System found on the library’s website at https://www.drakepubliclibrary.org, over the phone at 856-6676 or by emailing the library at firstname.lastname@example.org.
So, how do you log into Drake Public Library’s online card catalog system (Follett)?
Go to https://www.drakepubliclibrary.org
- Click on Follett Destiny
- Select your site (Drake Public Library), and click Log In.
- Enter your User Name (Your last name plus the first three letters of your first name, all lowercase, one word) and Password (Your Library Card Number, no letters).
- Click Log In. Your site page appears.
How Do You Place an Item on Hold?
- Click on Catalog (top of page)
- Type in an author’s name, a book/movie title and click on the appropriate category (key word, title, author, subject, series)
- Options will come up. You should scroll down the right side of your screen. “1 of 1 available” means that this item is available to check out. “0 of 1” means that it isn’t available yet but you can still put it on hold. Call if you have questions about this.
- Click on the availability status
- Click available under status (either “available” or a date)
- Choose “Add Hold” (on the right side of your screen)
- Choose “Save”
- We will be checking the system for online holds every morning and will contact you as soon as your turn comes up for the item placed on hold.
- Items will be due two weeks from the pick up date scheduled.
- Items with several holds on them will need to be picked up within one week of contact.
You will be contacted by a DPL Librarian to set up a time for you to pick up your materials and you will be given further directions during this conversation.