The library building is closed to the public. But you can still keep reading through online resources. We are very lucky to have access to the State Library of Iowa’s resource for online Ebook, Audio, Live Stream Video and Magazine Consortium through Bridges. The Friends of the Drake Public Library sponsors our participation with the Bridges online resource. You can still go directly to Bridges through our website. But the Libby App is the newest way to access Bridges. Here are some easy to follow directions.
The free Libby app is the easiest way to get started with digital books, audiobooks, and magazines from your public library. Libby is available for Android, iOS, Windows 10, some Chromebooks, and in your browser at libbyapp.com.
- If you have a device that’s not compatible with Libby, you can use the OverDrive app to borrow and enjoy digital titles instead.
- If you belong to a school, you may be able to use our new Sora app to borrow ebooks and audiobooks instead.
Install the Libby app from your device’s app store.
Or, visit libbyapp.com in your Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge browser.
In Libby, follow the prompts to find your library (Drake Public Library) and sign in with a valid library card number. When prompted for a username, it will be your library card number (just numbers, no P). Your password or PIN will be your last name with the first letter capitalized.
Browse your library’s collection and borrow a title.
Borrowed titles appear under Shelf > Loans and download to the app automatically when you’re connected to Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you’re offline.
From your Loans, you can:
- Tap Read With…to choose where you’d like to read the book (Kindle or Libby), then finish sending to Kindle (U.S. libraries only) or start reading in Libby.
- Tap Open Audiobook or Open Magazine to start reading or listening to that title.
- Tap Manage Loan to see options like Renew and Return.
If you need more help with Libby, please visit Libby Help or contact Drake Public Library staff at 856-6676 (Leave a message. We will call you back), email us at email@example.com or through a our Facebook page messenger.